CONNECT TO ROKU:
Roku is an amazing streaming player which is an ideal choice for all type of consumers who want to use a streaming device. We covered how to program a Roku Remote here and here we solve all your connections problems related to Roku.
Go through the following section on Link to Roku computers. Depending on the model of your Roku unit, you can link it to your TV through a USB or HDMI socket. You will have to use the Roku unit to download media on your smart TV.
PROCEDURE TO CONNECT TO ROKU REMOTE:
Follow these directions to figure out how to connect Roku remote(See here to sync Roku remote) :
- Connect one of the ends of the power cable to your Roku device.
- Connect the opposite end to an electric socket.
- Join one end of the HDMI link to the TV box.
- Join the opposite end to the Roku gadget.
- Remove the battery lid from the compartment provided on the back of the remote.
- Put in a new range of batteries in the remote Roku.
- Associate one end of the Ethernet link to the Roku player and the opposite finish to the switch.
- Control your the TV and on the router.
- Keep to the directions on the computer to make a connection.
PROCEDURE TO CONNECT TO ROKU TO TV WITH CABLE BOX:
Follow these instructions on how to connect Roku to a TV with a cable box for fast setup.
- Roku player is a box-like computer with several ports.
- Link one end of the cord to the electric socket.
- Link the other end to the player on the Roku device.
- Connect the HDMI end of your HDMI cable to the Roku player.
- Attach the other end of the TV set.
- Search your Roku player for an Ethernet port.
- If you have one, connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the router.
- Connect the other end to the Roku.
- Attach the end of the power cord to the router.
- Attach the cable’s free end to the electric socket.
- Turn on your router.
- Place the remote on a stable surface with the screen facing down.
- Remove the cover of the battery compartment.
- Place two new batteries in the remote of the Roku device.
- Close the cover of the battery compartment.
- Switch on your TV.
- Check if the power is obtained by the router and the player.
- The link is finished when the Roku logo starts appearing on the TV screen.
Here is a youtube tutorial for your reference
PROCEDURE TO CONNECT ROKU TO TV WITHOUT A HDMI CABLE:
The series of following instructions demonstrates on how to link Roku to the HDMI-free TV:
- You can set up a Roku streaming system to operate on a TV without an HDMI port.
- To link the TV to a Roku system, a composite cable is used.
- Strip the composite cable from the packaging.
- Search your TV set to find the audio/video port on it.
- Connect the red jack to your correct audio channel port.
- Connect the white jack to your left audio channel port.
- Attach the power cable of the Roku streaming device into its back side.
- Attach the other end of the Roku control cable in the wall socket.
- Power is on the Roku system.
- Switch on your TV.
- Check if the power is obtained from the TV and the Link to Roku system.
- Place the batteries in the remote Roku.
- The logo of the Roko starts appearing on the TV screen.
Here is a youtube tutorial for your reference
PROCEDURE TO CONNECT SOUNDBAR TO ROKU TV?
The series of instructions below will help you connect the sound bar to the TCL Roku TV.
- Get a compatible HDMI cable for Roku TV.
- You will have to ensure that the HDMI cable supports the HDMI arc and CEC.
- Scan the TV and find the port of the HDMI ARC.
- By default, the HDMI ARC is always disabled.
- Tap on the Home button on the remote to start the HDMI ARC function.
- From the Settings option, select Control Other Devices and choose HDMI ARC.
- Click the Remote Home button.
- Browse the menu and choose Settings.
- Choose the OK button.
- Choose a choice for the device.
- Choose OK and choose Control Other Devices.
- Tap the correct arrow to navigate to CEC Devices Click.
- Click OK to let CEC-supported devices search the TV.
- Now the sound bar will be linked to the TV set.
PROCEDURE TO CONNECT ROKU TO OLD TV?
The procedure below explains how to link to the old TV with Roku.
- Old TVs do not have an HDMI port.
- Verify if you have an A/V port on your TV.
- If you have a facility of the A/V port, you can use a composite cable.
- Get a composite cable that is compliant with your TV set.
- Attach the left and right audio jacks in their respective ports.
- In the video port, attach the video jack.
- Remove the remote lid of the Roku battery.
- Insert new batteries in your battery compartment.
- Cover the lid of the battery compartment.
- Switch on the old TV set.
- Attach the power cable to the wall socket of the Roku streaming system.
- Connect the second end of the Roku network streaming system.
- Turn on the Roku streaming device to allow it to pair with the device.
HOW TO CONNECT TO ROKU FROM PHONE?
Continue reading to find out how to connect to Roku on your computer.
- The setup includes a smartphone and a link to the internet.
- Go to the Android Mobile Settings app.
- Choose the Display choice.
- Pick your Cast Screen.
- Touch the top of the 3 vertical dots.
- From the menu, pick Allow Wireless View.
- Your smartphone will generally show the TV on the list of available gadgets.
- Pick your TV from the list of options.
- The view of the phone is replicated on the TV set now. this is called mirroring.
PROCEDURE TO CONNECT TO ROKU TV ON IPHONE:
Follow the instructions below to learn how to attach your iPhone to Roku TV.
- Make sure that your iPhone has a stable and fast internet connection.
- If the iPhone has an stable internet connection, continue to the steps below.
- Ensure that the phone is placed next to the Roku TV.
- Load the app store and Look for the Roku app.
- Download the Roku software from there and install it.
- To scan for gadgets, open the Roku window.
- The Roku app displays a list of gadgets that can be linked together.
PROCEDURE TO CONNECT to ROKU TO WIFI WITH USERNAME AND PASSWORD:
The steps below will show you how to connect to Roku to Wi-Fi using the username and password.
- Check if there is a stable internet connection before further going thriugh with the process.
- In the configuration, follow the instructions shown to you on youor screen.
- The choices for connection are Wired and Wireless.
- Choose the Wireless alternative.
- The Roku system searches the environment for discoverable networks.
- Browse the catalog of compatible computers.
- Search your network username and pick it from the list below.
- After choosing your network, you are asked to enter a password.
- Browse the keyboard and input your Wi-Fi address.
- Type the letters into the caps.
- To check the password, click the Display Password button.
- Choose the Link button to set up a Wi-Fi connection.
PROCEDURE TO CONNECT ROKU TV TO WI-FI WITHOUT REMOTE?
Read the instructions below to find out how to connect TCL to Roku TV to Wi-Fi without a remote link.
- In case you are using an Android smartphone, download the Roku app from the Google Play Store that is available on it.
- After the Roku app has been mounted, open it.
- Tap the Remote alternative in the app.
- You will also use the on-screen keys to power your TV.
- If you’re an iPhone user, grab it from the App Store.
- Go through the App Store and type Roku Network in the Search bar that is on the top.
- In the search result, pick the Roku app and select Install.
- Wait until the Roku software has been mounted.
- Open your Roku window.
- Browse the list of choices on the screen.
- The Remote choice is found under the Search option.
- Choose the Remote alternative.
- The software reveals the navigation buttons on the phone.
- Use these buttons to power your Roku TV.
PROCEDURE TO CONNECT ROKU TO WIFI HOTSPOT:
Go through these steps to figure out how to link to Roku to a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Connect the power cord of the Roku system to the wall socket.
- Attach the loose end of the cable to the Roku system.
- Check that the Roku system is receiving electricity.
- Carefully ensure that you have turned on your TV.
- Test to see if the TV is collecting electricity.
- Plug the cables on the Roku system into the TV ports.
- Check that your Android computer has an active internet connection.
- Browse the Settings option.
- Go to the More choice under Data use.
- Choose the option Tethering and Portable Hotspot.
- Configure the username and password of the Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Pick the Remote Roku Settings menu.
- Browse the Wireless option to search for Wi-Fi networks.
- To complete the link, pick your Wi-Fi hotspot network.
PROCEDURE TO CONNECT ROKU TO GOOGLE HOME:
Follow these directions and figure out how to link Google Home to Roku.
- Before starting the configuration, make sure that the Roku program is up to date.
- Check the version of the package by pressing the Settings button on your Roku program.
- Go to System Update, which is placed inside the Roku Connect System option.
- Click the Check Now button to check the version of your app and upgrade it if necessary.
- Browse the Google Play Store on your mobile computer and check for Google Assistant.
- Tap the search result in query and pick Google Assistant.
- To install the software on your smartphone, click the Install button.
- Wait until you get the Google Assistant app installed.
- Please open the Google Assistant app.
- Scan the app’s list of icons.
- Choose the Add button.
- Choose the Set System button, and then choose Have everything already set up?
- Choose a Roku from the list.
- Please continue with the directions that you see on-screen to complete the configuration.
PROCEDURE TO CONNECT ROKU TO MY COMPUTER:
Follow these steps below to figure out how to link to Roku on your computer.
- Ensure that the machine is running on the Windows 10 operating system.
- In the Roku menu, switch to the Settings button.
- Choose a choice for the device.
- Pick the Screen Mirror from the selection.
- Choose the alternative Allow Screen Mirror.
- Click and hold Window Key+C on your screen.
- Choose the Work option and then choose Add a Cordless Monitor.
- On Windows open Devices to display a list of compatible devices.
- In the Linked Devices tab, pick the Roku Network Unit that is located under Projectors to configure the link.
PROCEDURE TO CONNECT ROKU TO ALEXA:
- Get the Alexa app installed and update it on your computer.
- Launch the Alexa app and pick the sidebar menu.
- In Settings, select the TV & Video function.
- Choose the Roku alternative and choose Allow Abilities.
- Enter the information of your Roku login and click Sign Up.
- Choose the Accept & Continue button and choose the Roku system.
- Pick the computer a second time, then choose the Continue option.
- Choose the Alexa system you want to combine with Roku.
- At this point, you can connect another Alexa computer.
- Alexa’s gadgets are linked to your Roku TV.
PROCEDURE TO CONNECT ROKU TV TO DVD PLAYER:
- Scan your Roku TV and find the A/V ports.
- Connect the left and right audio channel jacks to the TV audio connectors.
- Connect the composite video jack to the TV video port.
- Insert the free ends of the jacks in the corresponding ports on the DVD player to connect to Roku.
- Control on the TV with Roku.
- Make sure that Roku TV receives power.
- Navigate to the Roku TV input choice.
- Pick the input option to which the DVD is connected.
- The DVD player is now attached to the Roku TV.
- Load a DVD drive to the player you want to watch on the TV.
PROCEDURE TO CONNECT TO ROKU TV WITH USB:
- Connect the Roku TV power cord to the back of the TV.
- Connect the free end of the cord to the wall socket.
- Control on the TV with Roku.
- Make sure that the TVhas an active power connection.
- Switch on the router on the Internet.
- Interface the modem to the Ethernet cable TV.
- Ensure that the web connection is working.
- You can install the Roku Media Player from the Roku Channel Store.
- Wait until you have Roku Media Player installed.
- Inspect the TV to identify the USB jack.
- Connect the USB compliant drive to the USB port.
- Wait before you get a prompt on the Roku TV panel.
- When a prompt is visible, activate the Roku Network Media Player.
- Navigate to the the file location through your remote.
- Click the Play button to play any of your media files.
PROCEDURE TO CONNECT TO ROKU 3 TO MULTIPLE TVS:
A very simple way to connect multiple TVs to a Roku TV system is with an HDMI splitter. You can find out how to make a connection through these steps:
- Use an HDMI splitter and a pair of HDMI cables. They’re sold in machine accessories shops.
- Attach the set top box to the power socket and check if the power supply is available.
- Attach one end of the HDMI cable to the set-top box.
- Connect to the HDMI splitter the other end of the HDMI cord.
- Now, attach one end of the HDMI cord to the HDMI splitter.
- Associate the free end of the HDMI link to the TV set.
- Progress to connect other TVs to the splitter using HDMI cables.
- Connect the Roku to any of the TVs.
- Make sure that the TVs receive power.
- Presently you will see that the TV is joined to the set-top box with HDMI links, you can screen the TV with the Roku controller.
PROCEDURE TO USE UNIVERSAL REMOTE TO Connect to ROKU:
- Remove the universal remote Sideclick from the package.
- Remove the top cover from a distant area.
- Connect the remote Sideclick to the left side of your remote Roku with the aid of the connection included in the package.
- To enter the battery compartment, put the remote with your face down.
- Insert 2 AA batteries in the compartment that is given and cover the lid of the battery compartment.
- Position the universal remote Sideclick on its rear.
- Place the TV manually so that the head faces the universal remote.
- Please ensure there’s enough charge on the remote TV batteries.
- Press and hold down the Power button and the B button until you see a strong red light over the basic remote screen.
- On the universal remote, press the Channel Up button.
- On the TV remote, tap on the Channel Up button.
- The red light shines on the remote TV to show you that the Canal Up button has been activated.
- Repeat Phase 8 and continue to configure all the keys that you need to control and use.
For more details, please watch the video below