Having a VPN installed on your streaming device is a must for most cases. And what better VPN to install on your Firestick TV than Express VPN. In this article, you will learn how to install Express VPN on Firestick TV, so you can go back to streaming and watching content in no time.
What is Express VPN?
Before we find out how to install this VPN app on your device, we need to learn more about it. Express VPN is one of the most famous VPN providers out there.
If you have been on the internet in the last couple of years, then you probably have heard of this VPN. And this popularity is not just a product of their marketing and advertisements; they are genuinely an outstanding VPN that offers an excellent service. So if you are looking for a VPN for streaming and other things, this should be a perfect option. Express VPN is packed with features; some of the best ones that they have are:
- 30-day money-back guarantee, this feature is quite underrated, and even though it is present in quite a lot of other services, it’s always good to have in anything you decide to buy. This policy allows you to give Express VPN a try and decide for yourself if it is worth it or not. And after 30 days if you are not satisfied with them, you are guaranteed to get your money back.
- The high number of servers and countries where these servers are located is another excellent feature that Express VPN has. They have more than 3000 servers in over 94 countries all around the world. These numbers go to show you how big this VPN is, but they also will allow you as a user to have access to any server that you want, and you will have a great experience without any issues on your preferred server.
- Even though this article is for the Firestick devices, you can also get the Express VPN for almost all the other platforms out there, which means that with one account, you can get the most out of this VPN on all your other devices.
- Fast speeds and connections are other things that Express VPN offers. Since your Firestick will be connected through Wi-Fi, you will need to have fast speeds which don’t slow down your internet connection. This feature will make sure that you have a smooth streaming experience without any significant hiccups.
- Great security is another feature that Express VPN has on its service. They have quite a few different tools that increase security, such as the 256-bit AES encryption.
- Other features that this VPN has we can mention the no-logging policy, the ability to have up to five connections simultaneously.
There were just some of the features that Express VPN has; if you want to take a more in-depth look at everything that they offer, you can go into their website and learn everything there.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a VPN, but you are not sure whether you want it to be Express VPN or not, you can see some other options in our other articles like The Best VPNs for Kodi (2021) and The Best Free VPN for Firestick TV.
How to Install Express VPN on Firestick TV
Like we mentioned earlier, Express VPN already has an app in the Amazon App Store, which will make it easier to install. Still, if for some reason that option is not available to you, you can install it like most other apps that are not on the App Store. So don’t worry about it, and follow the steps that we have written below, and in no time, you will have the Express VPN app installed on your Firestick, and you will be ready to stream and watch content with the protection of a VPN.
We will be using the official app that Express VPN has on the Amazon App Store on the first method. Follow the steps below, so you can have the app installed quickly.
For the first step, you will need to go on the home screen of your Firestick device, and there you will need to find the search option and type the name of the app, which is Express VPN. Once you search for it, the app will appear, and you will be able to proceed when you click on it.
Now that you are on the app page, you will need to find the download button. The naming of the button can vary from Install, Get, and Download. Whatever the name is, you will need to click that button, so the app will start to download then install on your Firestick device.
Once the app has finished downloading and installing on your device, you will be able to open the app.
This was the first method on how you can get the Express VPN on your Firestick TV, this method is relatively easy, and you will be able to do this without any issues.
If, for some reason, you are not able to find the app on the Amazon App Store, don’t worry; this second method is for you. As you will see later on, this method is the exact same one that is used for installing apps that are not on the Amazon App Store.
Before we continue with this method, you will need to enable the Apps from Unknown Sources setting, which allows this method to be viable.
To do that, you will need to start from the Firestick home screen, and there you will need to find the Settings of the Firestick.
There you will need to find the My Firestick or whatever the name of your device is, and when you see it, you should open it.
Inside it, you will need to locate Developer options, and inside it, you will see two options. The one that we will need to turn on is the “Apps for Unknown Sources,” this will allow us to download the app from a different source other than the official App Store.
Now that that is out of the way, we can continue with this method.
Like with other apps that need to be side-loaded, we will need an app called the Downloader app. In order to get this app, we will need to open the search option on the home screen, just like we did on the first method. Once you are in the search option, you can start typing the name of the app, which, as we mentioned it the Downloader app. Once you find the app, open it, and start downloading it. When the Downloader app is installed, we will be ready to continue with this method.
Now that the Downloader app is installed, you will need to open it so that we can continue. Once you open the app, you will need to write this URL https://bit.ly/3iizNwh, and press Go, so the Express VPN can start downloading on your Firestick.
After the APK has finished downloading, you need to press the Install button, and once the installation process is completed, press on Done. Once the Express VPN app is installed, you can delete the APK file that you just downloaded so that you can have more free space for other applications on your Firestick.
Now the Express VPN app is installed on your Firestick, and you can start using it to protect yourself when watching your favorite content or when browsing the internet.
Here we looked at how to install the Express VPN on Firestick TV, and as we know, a VPN is essential for streaming content online or for other online activities. Therefore, having a VPN like Express VPN, which supports all the primary streaming services, is excellent since you will be able to enjoy whatever content you want without having to worry about it.
Now that you have a VPN that you can use with your streaming platform, you can look at apps that you might want to install on it so you can take full advantage of it. Since we are talking about Firestick TV, here is a list of The Best Firestick Apps, and some of them can take great advantage of a VPN. In addition, if you want to install apps for streaming movies and live TV, you can look at the Top 20 APKs For Free Movies & TV Shows and 10 Best IPTV Apps for Streaming Live TV.
Having a popular streaming VPN like Express VPN on your Amazon Fire TV device will allow you to gain full advantage of it, so the only thing left for you to do is decide on whether you want to have a VPN on your device and start enjoying everything that you can access with it.