If you have a Firestick/Fire TV device and you are looking for an application to install, one of the best ones out there is the CatMouse app. Here you will learn more about how you can install this app on your Firestick. So take a closer look at all the steps below, so you can perform a successful installation and enjoy streaming any movie or show from the CatMouse app.
What is the CatMouse app?
The installation process is easy, and if you follow the steps below, you will have no issues whatsoever. But before we take a look at that, it’s better to learn more about the CatMouse app, what it is, what it does, and what it offers.
The CatMouse app is an app that provides Movies and TV Shows, and this application does this by gathering links from multiple sources and putting them all in the same place for anyone to take advantage of them. If you are familiar with the famous Terrarium TV app that was one of the best a while back, then you will know how CatMouse works since it is considered to be quite similar to it.
CatMouse app is packed with features, here you will see some of them, and then you can decide if the features that this app has are good enough for you. Among the best features we can mention:
- HD and Full HS streaming links, which are on great servers, guarantee that you will have an excellent experience while doing all kinds of streaming.
- High-quality Audio, which makes the video streaming experience more enjoyable.
- Subtitle support for multiple languages. Having a lot of subtitle language support allows the CatMouse app to gain more popularity among the countries where English isn’t as popular. You can easily choose your preferred language from the subtitle selection screen, which makes things much easier.
- Support for a large variety of devices, like Firestick & Android TV Box. Including all the variations of them. This has made this app reach the popularity it has.
- Support for Real-Debrid, which means that you will gain access to unrestricted downloads of high-quality content for any Real-Debrid user out there. The Real-Debrid integration makes things much better, and the Real-Debrid pairing process is made easier by the developers so that you will be ready in no time. If you want to get the most out of Real-Debrid, you can get a Real-Debrid Premium account, which will make the whole experience great. Just like with most similar apps, Real-Debrid is present, and it will make everything much more enjoyable.
- Support for Trakt.tv is another integration that is famous among users of similar apps. Trakt TV will help you keep track of all your shows and movies so you can have a good time watching them and keeping a closer look at new releases or new episodes.
These were just some of the features that CatMouse has; if you want to see more, you can download the app and give it a try, so you can discover more.
How to Install the CatMouse App
Installing the CatMouse app on your FireStick is quite easy, so if you follow all the steps below, you will be ready to start streaming all the movies and shows that you want in no time.
Before you continue with this process there is something that you need to do, this is quite important, but you can do it before you start with the installation process, or after you have installed the Downloader App. When you do this step is up to you, but here we have decided to put it before the whole process, so you won’t have to deal with it once you start.
In order to proceed you will need to Turn On Apps from Unknown Sources on your device, which will allows us to continue. To achieve this you can follow as stated below
- First of all you need to go in the device Settings of your device and in this case the Firestick or Fire TV.
- When you are in the Settings you will need to find your Device, which is usually labeled like the device that you have, for example, “Firestick,” “Firestick TV,” “Fire TV.” Whatever the name is you need to find it and open it.
- Once you are in there, the next step is to find Developer Options, this is quite important for this whole process.
- After finding and opening the Developer Options, you will find two options there, the one we need for this process is the “Apps from Unknown Sources” or “Install Unknown Apps.” As for which one you’ll find is up to what device you have. It doesn’t matter which one you find, what matters is that you will need to Turn it On, or give the Downloader App access to install unknown apps. If you encounter the option where you need to give a specific app the ability to install unknown apps then you will first need to install that app to proceed.
As we mentioned above, we will be using the Downloader App, one of the best applications that you can download on your Firestick, and if you want to see other great apps for it, you can check out this: The Best Firestick Apps.
In order to download the Downloader app, you will need to go into the home screen of your Firestick, and once you are there, you will need to find the search function that the Firestick devices have. You will need to type the name of the app, which is Downloader App, in this case. Tap on the first result that shows up, and once you are on the store page for the app, click on the Install or Download button.
Waiting for the app to download and install is what you should do next. Once this process is over, you will need to open the Downloader App, so you can take care of some things that will pop up when you first launch the app. These things are the files access request window that pops up, which is needed in order to proceed with the CatMouse app installation process. The other window is the Developer Notes that the app shows. After you have taken care of both of them, you are ready to continue.
Now that the Downloader App is installed on your device, you are ready to start with this process. The first thing you need to do is, of course, open the Downloader app; once you open it, you will need to go into the search bar that is located on the Home screen of the app. There you will need to input the URL that is required in order to download the CatMouse app. The download link that you need to put there is https://catmouseapk.org/dl/catmouse-2.5.apk if that URL doesn’t work, there are some alternative URLs you can try. These URLs are: https://catmouseapk.org/dl/catmouse-2.3.apk/ and https://catmouseapk.org/dl/catmouse-2.3-af.apk/
Once you type these URLs, you need to press the Go button. This will start the downloading process for the CatMouse APK. It shouldn’t take long for the APK to finish downloading.
As soon as the CatMouse APK finishes downloading, it will run by itself, and a window will pop up where you need to press Install, which is in the bottom-right corner of the screen. This will start installing the application to your Firestick, and when it is over, you will need to press Done to go back to the window you were before, or you can press Open if you want to open the app directly.
Even though the app is installed, there are some other things you can do. For example, you can delete the APK file that you downloaded so that you can have more space on your Firestick. By removing that file, you can have more apps on your Firestick, which will be better for streaming movies, shows, and other content that you want.
Now that everything is ready, the only thing left for you to do is open the app and start streaming any movie or show you want. To open the app, you have two options, you can either open it directly after you install it, but this is not applicable every time since you will only install it once. The other option is through the home screen of your Firestick. So go there, and take a look at all your installed apps, and then look for the CatMouse app icon. Click on it to open the app.
When you first launch the app, you will need to do a couple of things, which will improve your experience. First of all, you need to permit it to access the files and media in your Firestick. Another one is the Update window that will show up, but this depends on which version of the app you downloaded in the first place.
Once you deal with the Update window, you will see another related player that the CatMouse app will use. The default player is the Exo Player, but you can also use other ones, like the famous players VLC Media Player and MX Player. Depending on your preferences, you will choose which is the best for you, but be sure that all of them offer a great streaming experience.
After all these screens you will finally be able to enjoy all the content that CatMouse has to offer.
Here you saw how to install the CatMouse app on your Firestick with the help of the Downloader app. Following this step-by-step tutorial, you will have the CatMouse on your Firestick / Fire TV in no time, which means that you will have access to thousands of movies and all your favorite content. Watching and streaming content on Firestick has never been easier.
If you are interested in Firestick TV, and you want to see more information about it, you can check out our other articles regarding it:
If you want to see more application suggestions for what streaming apps for movies to get on your device, or if you want to see more applications that offer other things you can check out these articles:
If you liked this guide you can check out our other guides about third-party apps that are quite similar to CatMouse. You can find them over here: