AT&T Wireless can be activated on any of your AT&T mobile devices like phones or tablets that you get from AT&T or any other device that is unlocked and you already own. Now, this process of activated a new wireless device can be done from your traditional sim cards or on the new eSims that are an electronic equivalent to your traditional Sim cards. this is a step-by-step guide that will get you through the activation of new At&t mobile devices, whether they are wireless or prepaid. The process is quite simple and the old devices that you have will have a similar process of activation when you insert an AT&T sim card into them.
Now if you have got a new AT&T mobile device then you can also use the AT&T data transfer app to move all of your stuff from your old phone to the new AT&T device while if you have an unlocked device already and you just want to activate the AT&T sim, then you will follow the same process. The process is a little different for your normal prepaid device or sim, and for wireless device activation. If you are interested in international calling, checkout our article on AT&T International Call Rates & Plans
Activating an AT&T Wireless Device Online
The process of activating the wireless device from At&t is quite simple and you just have to go through three easy steps:
- You just have to go to their website and on the ‘Activate your At&T Wireless Device’ page.
- Just put in the credentials of the wireless phone number and your zip code for the number.
- And then, just some on-screen instruction, and you are done with the wireless device activation process.
Activating an AT&T PREPAID Device Online
Now the process of activating a prepaid device online is a bit different, where you just need to:
- Get to the ‘Activate your At&t Prepaid Device’ page on their website.
- Here you have to enter your Sim number.
- Then you have to provide your device’s IMEI number without spaces.
- Then you have to enter the ZIP code for the area of your device.
If you do not know where you can get the sim or IMEI number, then it will be on a small card under the battery cover if you don’t have the At&t Prepaid package of the Sim at the moment.
How to Activate Voicemail on AT&T Wireless
Now after you are done with activating your sim or wireless, the next step is to activate your Voicemail service. Don’t forget that, you just have to:
- Press and hold the voicemail key on your phone.
- Just create a voicemail password.
- And then create your voicemail message and you are good to go.
Also, keep in mind that you have to activate your voicemail within 60 days of the activation of your wireless.
How do I reactivate my AT&T SIM card?
The process of reactivation of the sim card is similar to what you did the first time and you just have to go to the said page I have mentioned above and fill out all your details and you will get a confirmation message for your reactivation.